You Know You’re a Yogi When….
By: “AJ” Amy Jo Crowell, Publisher of Dallas Yoga Magazine & Co-Founder Cosmic Yogi Festivals
- You think yoga pants count as real pants.
- You won’t buy any tea except for “Yogi” tea because you think it’s cool.
- You take your shoes off before you walk into someone’s house.
- You have three dozen brightly colored stretchy pants.
- Your birthday party is a private yoga class for all your friends.
- You try to get your dog to do downward dog with you for an Instagram picture.
- You have a “Yoga” closet assigned solely for straps, blocks, mats, rollers, wheels, bolsters, pillows, blankets and anything else a yogi may need.
- You schedule everything in your life around your yoga classes…including work.
- You have a set of yoga clothes and an extra mat in your car…just in case a class might “pop-up!”
- Your 5 year old tells the sales clerk, “Namaste.”
- Your Super Bowl Party includes a stretch at half-time.
- You’ve been to church, a Hindu Temple and a Buddhist temple all in the same week.
- You know where all the yoga studios are in a 30 mile radius of where you live.
- All your books are yoga related.
- Everything you clicked “Interested In” on Facebook is a yoga event.
- You stand on one foot to put your shoes on, so you can practice your balance.
- You find yourself saying to your kid, “I see you are angry take a breath” and they get out their yoga mat and sit down for a TIME OUT.
- You have gone vegan or vegetarian at least once in your life.
- You desperately chant OM in your car during rush hour traffic.
- You don’t see a rainbow…you see chakra colors.
Get in Touch with AJ: