By: Amy Jo “AJ” Crowell, Publisher, Dallas Yoga Magazine
Obviously, I’m not suggesting to anyone to use yoga class like it’s match.com but dating a guy yogi definitely has benefits. The following are 10 reasons dating a guy who does yoga is an advantage.
- COURAGEOUS: It’s difficult for a new guy to wander into a yoga class and have no idea what to do. He is in a situation where he could embarrass himself…in front of a group of women. Yes, it takes guts to walk into a yoga class and just go for it. This means he will be open to fun activities and trying things out of his comfort zone. A great reason to date a guy yogi!
- PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT: He knows that yoga is a process and takes practice to get the posture. It takes patience and who doesn’t want to date someone who has patience? Not to mention the “Practice Makes Perfect” mantra could be beneficial in other areas of your relationship.
- SELF IMPROVEMENT: Once anyone gets involved in yoga on a regular basis we strive to improve ourselves not just on the mat but off the mat as well. You just gotta love that!
- ALREADY SEEN YOU WITHOUT YOUR MAKE-UP: Class is not a place where women are concerned with their appearance. For most, it’s a “no make-up” and “who cares about my hair” zone. So, the guy yogi has already seen you sweaty and glowing in your natural beauty. There’s nothing else to hide.
- CALMER & MORE RELAXED: Yoga often leads to either a new spiritual connection or a stronger one. This is often accomplished in the relaxation at the end of class or added meditation classes. Every woman wants a calmer and more relaxed guy. They tend to be better listeners and more understanding. Also, they have come to the realization that there is a power greater than them.
- CLASS TOGETHER: It’s an incredible experience to attend yoga class together. It’s always an adventure, exhilarating and you can encourage each other. There is no better way to bond with someone than when practicing yoga together.
- UNDERSTANDING: If he’s into yoga then he’s going to understand the importance of a $100 yoga mat and $85 yoga pants. He’ll probably have a mat that costs the same.
- HEALTH IMPROVES: Don’t you want to date someone who is striving to take better care of themselves and who is healthy? Yoga has been proven to improve a person’s overall health in numerous ways. For the majority of yogis, we eat better and feel better than the average person. This makes for a happy yogi guy who will make you smile!
- COMFORTABLE AROUND EVERYONE: If he’s going to yoga class, women do not intimidate him. This means he can handle your friends and family. Let’s face it, that is not often an easy task. He gets bonus points for this.
- CAN HANDLE HOT SITUATIONS: If the guy yogi is going to hot yoga class then he is used to the heat. This means he can handle sticky situations including when you’re heated up, upset and “sharing”.
You can reach AJ at firstname.lastname@example.org